1. Do not Spam: We value human interaction and want the content on our site and sent to our members to be personalized and valuable. Copying and pasting the same message across the site, in member-to-member messages and listings is not permitted.
2. Do not Look for Sexual Partners: Our members join MeetTheWorld to create real friendships and friends all the world. Don’t contact other members or use the site to find sexual partners. We will consider this harassment. We take reports of unwanted sexual advances, both online and offline, seriously and they may be considered violations of our Conduct policy. Respect others’ boundaries. If another member lets you know they are uncomfortable, respect their feelings and take a step back.
3. Do not ask for money to members: Our community offers open for everyone. Asking for money to support is not allowed.
4. Do not Intimidate, Stalk, or Harass: Stalking, intimidation, threats, and harassment of other members is prohibited. Harassment is defined as a pattern of offensive behavior that appears to have the purpose of adversely affecting a targeted person or persons. Examples of harassment include making threats, repeated unwanted contacts with a person, and posting the personal information of another person. MeetTheWorld reserves the right to take action (see above) on profiles we believe may pose a threat to the community.
5. Do Create Only One Profile: Duplicate, fake, and joke profiles are not allowed. The first profile that you create must be you and is the only one that you may have. Our trust network needs everyone to stand by their reputation.
6. Do Be Yourself: Misrepresenting yourself as someone else is prohibited. This includes representation as an agent, representative, employee, or affiliate of MeetTheWorld.
7. Do Keep It Legal: Don’t engage in nor encourage illegal activity; don’t violate any applicable law or regulation.
8. Do Use MeetTheWorld Properly: Using MeetTheWorld in a way that could interfere with other members from fully enjoying the site or that could impair the functioning of the site is prohibited. This includes posting anything to the site that includes viruses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful code. Attempting to circumvent MeetTheWorld’s systems, or using these systems in a manner which undermines their intent, is prohibited.
1. Hate Speech and Offensive Language: Hate speech, particularly speech that disparages any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group by stereotypical depiction or is otherwise abusive or inflammatory, including content that contains offensive language or images
2. Sexually Explicit Content: Contains nudity, sexually explicit content or is otherwise obscene, sexually exploitive of minors, pornographic, indecent, lewd, or suggestive
3. Personally Identifiable Information: Contains private or personal information about another person, such as phone number or address
4. Illegal and Infringing: Unlawful content or content for which Couchsurfing has received a court order to remove, or content that infringes on the rights of a third party, including intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights
5. Glamorizing Violence: Incites violence or characterizes violence as acceptable, glamorous or desirable
6. Commercial or Promotional: Contains unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations - including content used to promote a business or product - without our prior written consent
Reporting violations of MeetTheWorld Policies. If you feel another person is violating this policy, use the Flagging or Report tools available next to posts and Events. You can also contact our support team. email@example.com